Sunday, February 8, 2009

Welcome Home Rocky Gala - Wednesday, February 11th

WHAT: WELCOME HOME ROCKY GALA
WHEN: Wednesday, February 11
TIME: 6 - 8:30 pm
WHERE: Dogma Bakery, 2445 N. Harrison St., Arlington, VA, 22207
SPECIAL GUEST: CELEBRITY SENSATION ROCKY "THE MUNN"

The Dogma Bakery will be sponsoring a Welcome Home Rocky Gala. Please attend and meet the famous Rocky himself - limited pictures will be allowed. Feel free to give him a scratch behind the ears, a rub on his rump, or bring him treats, bones, or toys. Snacks and Refreshments will be provided. Dogma Bakery will donate 10% of all purchases made during the party to Homeward trails. Rocky hopes to see you all there so he can thank you personally for your support over the last 36+ days.

View the event on Facebook

9 comments:

  1. I'm overjoyed to hear that Rocky has returned! Welcome home Rocky :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could someone tell me how far he traveled from where he was lost. Just curious. I wish I lived there so I could join the celebration. Thank God this had a happy ending.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looked at it on the map and it was around 9 miles for a car. Less as the crow flies. Would love to know the distance too, Ravi, if you can punch in both the starting and ending locations and I maybe Google will give it to you directly?

    And I suggest a Zoombak for Rocky -- www.zoombak.com. We got the people version for my mom who has alzheimers; she can still drive, just can't remember where she needs to go. They have a dog version that looks like it would be perfect for Rocky.

    Lastly, if anyone un-postering finds the plastic sleeves to be salvageable, I'd like to collect them for future use in other lost doggie searches. Maybe bring them to the party, or email me at TesterDesp@aol.com and I can arrange to get them from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you found Rocky. I have been following your blog for a couple weeks and saw the signs all around the area. Each time I went outside, I so wanted to find him for you. Congratulations and welcome home Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can bet this homecoming had me crying as I hugged my ACD. We are so very happy for you. I am so glad you had the strength to keep the search going to the end. Rocky has a very special Dad! I hope you write a book about his adventures over the years! Sending both of you our best wishes from Alaska.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have fliers posted here at NSF where I work and I have been sending my best thoughts for Rocky's safe return. This news has made me SO SO SO Happy!!!! Welcome home Rocky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <333333

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah! We've done our share of looking and are so relieved to hear he has returned home. The power of neighborhood togetherness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can't believe he made it all the way to Annandale. I felt a little silly when Mike and I got the SuperPetz in Annandale to put up a flier a couple of weekends ago, but I guess we weren't that far off! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Please post pics of the big celebration! We all want to share!

    ReplyDelete