Wednesday, February 25, 2009

A Farewell... and a New Beginning!

Hi all -

Well, it's been an interesting 53 days. I've experienced some of the lowest lows and highest highs I'll probably ever experience during that time. It's been quite a ride. And now I think it's time for me to get off the ride.... before I do, however, I want to thank everyone out there who sent me their support for the first 36 days and their heartfelt congratulations over the last 17. My ability to remain positive over those first few weeks were in part thanks to the overwhelming support I received from the people who have frequented this blog. It brought me to tears on more then one occasion to receive willing helping hands and helping words from those who have never met Rocky nor myself. And to know the amount of people that were praying and keeping their eyes out for Rocky... well, I'm not sure what people (or even I) believe in when it comes to a higher power. But whomever out there is watching out for the good souls certainly heard your voices and made sure my Rocky stayed out of harms way during that time. The purpose of starting this blog was for me to help spread the word about Rocky and bring him home safely. That purpose having been fulfilled - it's time for me, Rocky's Dad, to bid adieu from this blog. Farewell - I have nothing but love for you all.

That being said, I have discussed this blog with Rocky. Although unaware of the support from the readers of the blog while he was a "Munn on the Run", he has quickly learned about that support through the welcome GALA and the good wishes he has received during that time. He was severely disappointed when I informed him of my decision to leave the blog and has offered his services to keep the blog running at least for the time being (he's a dog - so he doesn't make long term promises. You never know where there's going to be a better spot to sniff.) So I have decided to turn this blog over to Rocky himself (which makes sense since the author of all the blog posts is listed as him anyway). Over the next few weeks, months, years, or whatever he decides, Rocky will give his own musings on his time on the run, on life with a crazy owner, advice for other dogs out there, and other thoughts that only a Munn could have. Also, periodically he will profile "Rocky Stars" - other dogs that may need your help because they are lost or need new homes. And so without further adieu, I will now turn things over to Rocky.

wougasldajfuahgdskjnvzaslkjdfnvlkndksjnkgkj,abakhlasainnvaalkganslkgalngafdsfkjsdnkjnkanf

WOOF! Ok, that's better. Hard to type with paws instead of hands. I suggest you all glue your fingers together and see how you do in front of a keyboard before you judge me. First off, I want to point everyone to the sighting map Daddy put together for me on the right side of the page. Interesting work - but he makes it seem as if I had no rhyme or reason for what I was doing with that mishmash of different colors that go back and forth. Believe you me, I did. Over the next few weeks I will attempt to explain my thoughts and actions over those long, cold 36 days.

Also, a lot of people have asked why Daddy calls me "The Munn". The answer is... I really have no idea. The man has come up with more nicknames for me that make no sense then blocks of cheese I have stolen from the fridge. He claims it's cause he used to call me "Stockyman". Which eventually became "Stockomunn" when he decided I was Irish and not quite a man (hence, a Munn). Which eventually became "The Munn" I guess when he decided I wasn't Irish anymore (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to be Australian again at this point). So there you have it. He also calls me "Stupid" occassionally. To which my only reply is "who's the one who picks up the other's poop, Dad?". Right. I'm the Stupid One.

I'm looking forward to taking over the blog from Daddy now that I'm finally home. It'll give me something to do during the day while Daddy is at work. But I do hope to keep the original purpose of this blog alive by helping other dogs in need. With that in mind, I want to wish upon my first "Rocky Star", Lucy an Australian Shepherd lost around Rock Creek Park in Washington, DC. Lucy's blog can be visited here: http://www.lostlucy.com/Home. Please help Lucy in any way you can.

And with that, it's time for me to go pee on something. Feel free to write to me at rockydab@yahoo.com about any questions you might have for me that I can answer here, nominations for "Rocky Stars", or about anything else you might want to say. Awroo!
Rocky The Munn

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea to turn the blog over to the Munn. I also love the "Rocky Star" idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new blog idea!!!! I will continue to read and enjoy it as I have since the beginning. Thanks for keeping it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is going to be fabulous! You should really write a story about Rocky and his adventures. You two are a riot together! Dogs are amazing creatures. I had a Jack Russell terrier who recently passed away after 17 great years, and reading this blog has brought a lot of joy to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it love it love it! No pressure to write, just do so when you feel like it, Rocky. I'll be checking out the blog. Thanks for not dropping out of sight altogether!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is GREAT news. I'm thrilled that the Munn will be writing the blog. You really should write a book or short story - your writing is very creative and entertaining.
    What a wonderful idea to have a "Rocky Star". I'm thrilled that other dogs will also benefit from your effort to keep the blog going.
    Please give Rocky some cheese for his hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray!!! You don't know me, but I've been keeping track of this blog since I first saw a sign next to the East Falls Church Metro (I live right next to it).

    I've tried to keep abreast of the situation and kept looking for Rocky when walking & driving around the area. Never saw him, of course, but because of your diligence, I would've known him on sight. I'm so happy you have your boy back, and this serves as a sterling example of how I would try to find my own lost dog (when I get one!).

    Anyway, three cheers for you, your volunteers, and all the silent partners like myself who became invested and kept looking. I'll be on the lookout for Lucy in DC!

    Love, Andy

    ReplyDelete