Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pics from the GALA

Hi all - it's been a busy 24 hours, but I wanted to get some pictures from the GALA up while I could. We had a great turnout - at least 150 people. A lot of people purchased things from Dogma too, which means homeward trails will get 10% of all purchases. We had 2 papers there, the Washington Post and the Falls Church News Press, both of whom will be doing stories on Rocky's amazing journey - I believe both of which will run NEXT Thursday, so I will keep everyone posted. Enjoy the pictures below! Will have more later hopefully....





Dogma Bakery were fabulous hosts! Thank you Sheila, Liza, Mary, and everyone else!




The Munn posing for the camera. The instruction on this one was "Look pathetically cute".



Happy Dog - lots of treats and lots of love!



And Scratches from many wonderful people!



And sometimes we just need quiet time.



This doesn't taste like anything I've chewed in the last 5 weeks. Yum!




Dogma baked Rocky a welcome home treat. There was no shortage of yummys for Rocky last night.

7 comments:

  1. We are glad Rocky is home! I can't wait to meet him, let's have another party on a weekend at DOGMA so more people can stop by to meet the escape artist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful story! I am so thrilled for you and Rocky- I cried when I read that he was safe at home! You all did such an amazing job getting the word out, and this is such a fantastic happy ending. You should make his adventures into a children's picture book! So many people are celebrating with you-- Rocky found a place in lots of people's hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all celebrities, I thought he would be taller....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here's an idea - the story of Rocky and his excellent adventure would make a great kids story. If someone is creative, they could write it from Rocky's perspective and have the lesson be something like - Even if things get scary, don't run away from home or never give up hope?

    Then maybe have a portion of the proceeds go to 1 or more of the local Rescue foundations. (I am partial to Lost Dog and Cat Rescue). What do you think???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ravi,
    What a pleasure to meet you and now the famous Rocky. He was so cute, but by the time I arrived at the Gala he was pooped and ready to go home. The place was packed!! Wishing you two a great weekend and none of us will have to go out looking for Rocky...he will be sleeping I am sure safe and sound at home! Please stay in touch Ravi you are a remarkable man and I am so pleased that our paths have crossed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a wonderful party for you and Rocky!! I bought several treats for my Gunny and Boogie (Cockers) at the bakery and made a donation for the wonderful organizations that helped with finding Rocky. He is even more handsome in person than his pictures ! He looks sooooo happy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome pictures!!!! He looks so happy!!! Love the steelers outfit!!! Glad he is home safe. What a great ending. I am looking forward to seeing Rocky in the Washington Post!!!

    ReplyDelete