Monday, February 9, 2009

Getting the Munn back to Munn-like Status

Wanted to type up a quick update. Rocky went to the vet this morning. First, he is 10 pounds lighter - his last listed weight was 56 and he's currently at 46. He has digestive issues - but that is to be expected. He's always had a sensitive stomach, so may be a few days before that is back to normal. The vet got him his boosters even though there was still a couple months to wait. Aside from the scrape on his nose, there was no other major signs of any scuffles or hardships he may have endured - no swellings, bruises, etc. He did have one tick that we found.

The vet asked me about his eating and drinking and I told him that Rocky has been eating and drinking normally. He has continued to do so today. All in all, the vet was amazed that this dog that spent 5 weeks out in the cold returned home mostly intact. I was surprised that Rocky still acted like a little baby when the needles came out. I thought 5 weeks running in the wild and dealing with the cold might have toughened him up a bit. :)

From there, Rocky got clipped and bathed - so the smell issue is gone. His pads are a bit worn but it doesn't look like he is in pain by them. He's still sleeping most of the day, but he still has been playful when he's been awake. And he spent some time this morning staring out my sunroom window perhaps wistfully recalling his adventures of the weeks past.

I'm sure he'll be back to his Munn-like shenanigans in no time. Might be time to put the lock back on the fridge. :) Thanks everyone for the amazing show of support and love for Rocky. Hope to see everyone at Dogma on Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. thank you for the vet update Ravi, so glad to hear he is doing well and you guys are back together. i'm sure lots of people want to finally meet the infamous Rocky, i for sure am one of them. see everyone at Dogma on wed! my best to the two of you!

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such wonderful news! You have made my day.

    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome news regarding the vet visit!!!! Amazing after being out in the elements for 5+ weeks!!! Rocky is such a trooper!!! I became addicted to your blog and I am so happy he made it home safely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YES!!!! OMG this is such an uplifting story. I am so glad Rocky is home. Somehow this whole thing just jumped right into my heart...this is the best news I've had in a while. Congrats! Welcome home Rocky!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooot!!!

    Omg, this has made my day/week/month! Ravi, I talked to you and took flyers way back in the beginning. I met you near the dog park, with my dog (black lab mix). I've been traveling a lot since then but have checked this blog every day from wherever I was. SO happy to read this! :))))))))))))))))

    Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  6. A well-earned day at the spa!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad to read you got your cutie back! I kept checking online to see if he was found and was so happy when I looked today. I live in Md.and just happened to read about him being missing last month.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been following your blog for a few weeks now and just knew one day I'd open it and Rocky would be home! I'm so happy for you both...what a great story!

    ReplyDelete