Friday, February 27, 2009

Rocky Dog's Rocky Blog Rules and the Obamas

As a dog, I have very little concept of time. I heard Daddy once say that 1 year to a person is 7 years to a dog. Which means if I was gone for 36 days, it was.... well, dogs aren't good at math. So really, I have no concept of how long that really is. So when Daddy mentioned I should have somewhat of a posting schedule for the blog, I asked "Should I post whenever I pee? Whenever I eat?" These are the sort of things I do routinely. Daddy thought that might be too much, so we decided I will post whenever Daddy sends me to day care. As a result, expect new posts from me on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Also as a dog, I tend to be territorial. Daddy explained to me that this is a public blog, meaning that other people might come try and pee on it, even though I already peed here first (side note: I don't understand why Daddy was upset with me when I peed on the blog. He told me I could have it. People are so weird sometimes). My only request is that you be respectful to me with your peeing and I in turn will allow you to mark my territory in the comments section. You certainly can mail me your pee to rockydab@yahoo.com - please feel free to send questions, things you want to know about me, or potential "Rocky Stars" and I'll include them in the blog.

Finally, I would like to give a woof-out to the Obamas for agreeing to rescue the next First Dog: http://www.coloradoan.com/article/20090226/LIFESTYLE/90225050/1024

As a rescue myself, I commend the Obamas for choosing to forego an elitist, breeded dog and rescuing one in need. I'm not really into politics, but Daddy is, so I'm not really sure what importance the Obamas have. Daddy says they make decisions. Well, if this is the type of decisions they make, they are very good decision makers. So I guess that's good news. As for the dog, well he or she certainly will have a big lawn to find fun stuff to sniff! I wonder if there is cheese in that big white house.

Daddy also told me that I was gone for the Obamas arrival into Washington DC (he called it an "In dog U Nation" or something, which sounds fascinating if it really involved a nation of dogs). He mentioned that a lot of people descended into the DC area that week. Once he told me that, I realized that was also right about the time that I decided to high tail it out of the Falls Church/Arlington area and find someplace quieter. Huge messes of people scare me. So while Daddy might have thought it was random that I ended up where I did, it seems logical to me. I just headed in the opposite direction that the huge mess of people were heading. And see, you thought my running path was random. Anyway, I'll have more tidbits like this in the weeks to come.

Ok, break time at daycare is over. Time to go sniff something!
Rocky The Munn

7 comments:

  1. OK now if Rocky has the free time to blog because he's home alone, then why does his schedule for blogging have him doing it while he's at day care? He doesn't get to use daddy's computer when he's home alone, but someone at day care lets him use the computer there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed Rocky's blog today. Like his Dad he is an excellent and very creative writer!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. really enjoying the new blog Ravi

    Liza

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep the posts coming, Rocky! I enjoy this site so much...maybe from time to time you could post a reminder to everyone who is missing a pet not to give up and maybe post/repost everything that was done to bring Rocky home.
    A blog of hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great 1st entry Rocky...Made my day, now I have to go pee, but unlike you I have to go to a very scary room with lots of people who sometime look...how rude!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Rocky, Just wanted to let you know that Romeo has a pending adoption!!! Yeah for Romeo!!! http://www.adoptromeo.blogspot.com/ Perhaps he qualifies as a Rocky Star now.

    ReplyDelete