Friday, March 6, 2009

A To Do List and 2 Rocky Stars

It has come to my attention that a lot of people are curious what I did on a day to day basis for the 36 days that I was trying to get home to Daddy. I’m not sure why this matters to anyone. Daddy leaves me alone and goes to what he calls “work” several days a week. When he comes home, I don’t care what he did there, I’m just glad that he survived this awful “work” thing that takes him away from me and returned back where he belonged safely. I did ask Daddy if I was at “work” when I was gone for 36 days. It was a pretty awful 36 days, so I wanted to know if Daddy has to put up with that same awfulness every time he leaves the house for “work”. He responded by saying that he wasn’t sure – and then he asked me what I did every day! So I guess Daddy was curious just like everyone else. Anyway, he came up with a suggestion for me. He said “Munn . Why don’t you create a To-Do list?” At first I thought he said a “To-Poo list”, so I went to the door waiting for him to take me out. But instead of grabbing my leash, he showed me a piece of paper with a list of things on it and I understood then what he meant. So here is my To-Do list of a typical day when I was at “work”:

1. Wake Up
2. Stretch
3. Find Place to Pee
4. Look for Daddy
5. Sniff Something
6. Scratch myself
7. Find place to Poo
8. Find something to eat
9. Find water
10. Run away from scary people
11. Find place to hide
12. Bark
13. Howl
14. Go to Sleep

I showed this list to Daddy and he said that some of these items were normal things I did even when I was home. But others, like 4, 10, 11, 12, and 13 were not. So these things I apparently could call “work”. Well, those “work” items were the ones that made me sad. So I hope Daddy is not always sad when he is at his “work”. I’m sure he is though since he is not with me. I know it’s sad for me to wait at home for him.

I want to wish upon two “Rocky Stars” this week. First, an English Bulldog named Mugsey has been missing since February 13th. It is believed that Mugsey was dognapped out of his backyard: http://findmugsey.blogspot.com/. Anything you can do to help Mugsey find his way back to his backyard would be appreciated. Second, Sugar needs a place to call home: http://adoptsugar.blogspot.com/ and some resources to help with some health issues that she has. Please visit Sugar’s blog and see if there is anything you can do to help her.

Also, let me say that I was overjoyed to hear that Lucy (http://lostlucydc.blogspot.com/) was found! She seems like a fabulous doggy with very loving people to take care of her. Hopefully Romeo (http://adoptromeo.blogspot.com/) has found equally loving people in his new home. I had the pleasure of sniffing Romeo a few weeks ago and he is a fine smelling fellow!

Gotta go pee on something! Till Next Week,
Rocky The Munn

4 comments:

  1. Rocky,
    It's a good thing you "worked" so hard to return home to your Daddy. I guess #13 got you noticed and might have helped you return home. That part of your story made me sad!
    There should be lots of wonderful things for you to sniff this weekend in this nice spring-like weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you can help out with Sugar's bills - and even $25 or $50 helps A LOT - you should go to www.homewardtrails.org/donate.html, choose an amount, then just before confirming/finalizing on the final page, click "comments" and mention that it's for Sugar. Alternatively, you can send a check to Homeward Trails (PO Box 100968, Arlington, VA 22210) and note on the subject line that it's to help Sugar out. Homeward Trails is a 501(c)(3) organization, so your gift is tax-deductible (within the normal limits).

    Big tail wags in advance for any help you can give (and Sugar sure can wag her tail)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky, Mugsey's owners mention their thanks to you on his blog for making him one of your stars

    ReplyDelete
  4. May Rocky bring luck to Acura as well. Acura is a healthy, 2 year old dog who was badly abused and starved by previous owner. He is now kept at a high kill shelter and has little time to be saved. Please look at those eyes and give him back a normal life for once:

    http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pet/1059261662.html

    http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13176643

    ReplyDelete