Wednesday, March 18, 2009

The "Box"

Grrrrrr.... That's not directed to you, blog readers. As much as I love my daddy, he occasionally does things that make me upset. And last week was one of those times. First, let me apologize on his behalf for me not being able to post a blog last Friday. On Friday morning, however, daddy took out the "box". I never know when the "box" is going to come out, but I do know what it means when it does come out.

The "box" is this thing that daddy takes out from time to time and puts a bunch of stuff in. Then him and the "box" leave home and go somewhere for a period of time. The "box" doesn't always mean something bad - sometimes daddy takes me with him and the "box". Like when we go see daddy's mommy and daddy. That can be a fun trip since I can try to get the squirrels and rabbits and maybe the occasional duck to play with me by chasing them in the backyard... as of yet, the squirrels, rabbits, and ducks don't want to play. Usually, they run away from me like I ran away from scary people when I lost my daddy. I try to tell them that it's ok, I just want to play. But I guess I can't blame them for ignoring me since I did the same when I was without my daddy. Maybe they would be more willing to play with me if their daddy would meet my daddy first. I'll have to suggest that to daddy next time we go there.

Back to "the box" - other times, daddy leaves with the "box" and leaves me behind. In some cases, someone else will come and stay with me. Other times, I get to spend the time that daddy is gone at daycare. Whenever daddy leaves me behind though, he never tells me where he is going or when he will be back. So I'm left to guess whether or not he will come back. And being this is the first time that he left me since...

One thing I should point out is that while I've heard many people say that I was "lost for 36 days" - no one mentions that daddy was lost for 36 days too! I didn't know where he was and he should have been with me. So he was lost too! When daddy leaves with the "box", I always wonder where he is and wonder if I should go try and find him. It's just that I wasn't sure how to do it. But now that daddy has told me all the things he did to find me, when he left with the "box" on Friday, I knew what I needed to do to try and find him and the "box". Unfortunately the daycare didn't have the means for me to print posters, set up a blog, or contact the media. And findtoto.com doesn't have a section for finding a human. And I couldn't find a helpfinddaddy.com. Anyway, long story short, daddy and the "box" prevented me from blogging last week.

Thankfully, just as I was getting really frustrated, I found daddy when he walked into the daycare! It was so good to finally be able to find him! I tried to jump over the fence to see him but it was a little to0 high. Eventually someone opened the door so we can be reunited but not before I barked at daddy for getting lost! Of course, he never explained to me where he had been. Sheesh, the nerve of him sometimes.

I want to wish upon a "Rocky Star", Tasha, who has been missing in Friendship Heights since March 14. She was seen heading towards a Bloomingdale's recently - perhaps because it's a really big place to pee on. Tasha has also been seen hanging snout on the large GEICO property several times at Harrison and Western, but the mean people at GEICO have been unwilling to help assist with bringing Tasha to a safe haven. I always knew that elitist GEICO gecko needed a big smack across his snout. If you know anyone at GEICO who may be able to help, please alert them to Tasha's blog: http://findtasha.blogspot.com/. Otherwise, please do whatever else you can to ensure Tasha finds safety.

Off to go kick dirt! As always, feel free to contact me at rockydab@yahoo.com.
Rocky the Munn

7 comments:

  1. And I thought receiving Christmas presents from a dog was silly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you, Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didja hear -- Mugsey made it back home, and in about the same length of time as Rocky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocky, I understand how you feel about the box, grrrrr indeed!
    Have you started on a book yet? It could be a best seller! You are the greatest!
    Keep the updates coming please.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky,

    I miss my mommy reading me your stories. Please come back and blog some more, they are amusing, and if I have to listen to her silly dog book one more time, I might permanently move into my crate.

    Thanks!

    Tyler, the coonhound

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky, where have you been??? Haven't had a post since the 18th... are you still here ?? We miss reading your adventures with the grrrrrrrrrr box and everything....please write soon.
    Love,
    Gunny & Boogie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rocky,

    We need an update on your status.

    ReplyDelete