Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Nice Daddy vs. Evil Daddy

So I have been informed that I have more humans then dogs that read my blog. I guess that makes sense since I would probably much rather read a human blog then a dog blog. I understand why dogs do what they do. Humans on the other hand, I sometimes really don't get them. Even the human that I know best in the world, my Daddy, makes little sense to me.

For example, a few weeks ago shortly after I returned home, Daddy decided to be nice and give me access to all the yummy stuff in the fridge when he left for work. So I went in and helped myself to the spaghetti sauce he made the night before. I was so appreciative of Daddy doing this to me, I licked the entire container clean so he wouldn't have to clean it out for me when he returned home. I also left him one of the containers so he would have some of it when he came home. I did take the bigger of the two containers, but I thought he wouldn't mind cause he knew I had barely eaten for the 36 days I was gone! Still though, you couldn't say I was entirely thoughtless in my behavior.

Anyway, when Daddy returned home, he got mad and started gesturing at the floor. And then he took out a towel and this scary spray bottle and started scrubbing the floor. I mean, I'm a dog. And plus it's not like he left me a plate, fork, and knife when he left the house. I even had to open the container myself - and I'm not like a human! I don't have opposable thumbs! You can imagine how difficult opening it was! So explain how was I supposed to NOT get spaghetti sauce on the floor! If he really wanted me to eat it the right way, he should have just left it in my food bowl before he left. Of course, sometimes I like to dump my food bowl on the floor when he leaves just to show him that I was thinking of him while he was gone (which he also gets mad about sometimes - see you people make no sense! I am just trying to show Daddy I care and he totally takes it the wrong way!) but I certainly wouldn't have had he left me yummy spaghetti sauce.

Since that incident, Evil Daddy has begun to lock the fridge again to prevent me from getting in. And more recently, Evil Daddy has started putting things on his bed to make it more difficult for me to take the sheets off his bed and use them to hide my bones in case someone comes and tries to steal them while he's gone. I mean, I can still pull clothes out of his hamper to hide the bones, but I think we can all agree that sheets provide better cover for bones! So please, all you humans out there that read this - can you tell me how I can get Nice Daddy back that leaves the fridge unlocked and the bed unmade?

I want to wish upon a "Rocky Star" for a dog Acura that needs a foster: http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13176643. Acura's previous owner starved him, not like how my Daddy doesn't always leave the fridge open when he leaves, but just didn't feed him at all. He has been brought back to health from his starvation, but now Acura is an high kill rural shelter and is desperately hoping for another chance to live. Please, if you can do anything for Acura please contact through the homeward trails link or email maritae@rocketmail.com. If you have questions on being a foster, please visit http://www.homewardtrails.org/fosterprogram.html.

Off to hide a bone in Daddy's clothes!
Rocky the Munn

6 comments:

  1. Too cute :) I always look forward to reading the updates on this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rocky ROCKS !!! Love to read of your adventures, go cheese !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rocky is almost human, the writer in him totally dog gone :) love it! FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Rocky for praying for Acura. I love coming back to this blog. Rocky, when your dad is at work, you may want to start writing a book about your ongoing adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky, you're such a gem! Thanks for looking out for nearby "Rocky Stars" in need of help. Let's hope Acura gets a loving and nurturing home ASAP. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky, you really make me laugh! Another entertaining update. Thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete