Friday, March 27, 2009

A Ten Munn. Defee Sit! Piss Odor.

I heard Daddy describe my behavior as something called “A ten munn. Defee Sit! Piss Odor.” I’m not sure what that is. I know there isn’t 10 of me - since Daddy calls me “The Munn”, I have to assume I am the only one. I don’t know any dogs named “Defee”, so not sure why Dad would want him or her to sit. And if Defee’s piss odor is anywhere nearby, I’m sure my snout will locate it in no time so I can pee there too. When I told him I was confused, he explained to me that it was a way to describe someone who gets distracted easily.

First, Daddy’s one to talk about being distracted! I can never get his attention when he is barking away on this useless thing he calls the “cell phone”. I pull on the leash if we’re outside. I’ll whine and try to play with him if we are inside. But to no avail! That stupid “cell phone” thing always distracts him from paying attention to me. If I ever get my teeth on that thing!

That being said, Daddy is right to say I get distracted easily. But I’m a dog. From what I understand, I have certain heightened senses that make me more aware of things. So I think that gives me an excuse. Daddy did point out that I was getting distracted from my blog and that wasn’t fair to the readers cause they might think that I ran away again. Let me assure you that is not the case. I am still home with Daddy and very happy. In fact, here’s a picture of me safe at home.


But for future reference, I figured I should point out to people that if I do seem to be away from the blog occasionally, it’s not because I’ve gone missing again (that’ll never happen again!) but because I became distracted by something. Although this is not a full list, it likely is one of these things that distracted me:

1) Loud Noises – I already discussed this one in detail before since it’s what caused me to run off. Although not all loud noises scare me, almost all will distract me. I know it annoys Daddy when I hear noises when I’m trying to poo because, as he claims, “the stars need to align before I poo”. He just doesn’t understand that poo opportunities are limited and so when you have them you need to make sure you have the perfect spot. Not sure why you humans go mostly in the same place all the time. Such a waste! When I have to go, I’ll sniff around as much as I can to try and get a good area. The area needs to be dry, and secluded, and really, really hard for daddy to clean up after me once I go (it’s a game we like to play! Although it amuses me more than him). Once a good area is found, I have to circle the area and make sure I find the perfect spot within the area. Sometimes it helps to shake myself out. The whole process takes about 10 minutes. Anyway, sometimes a noise will distract me while I’m looking for my perfect poo spot and then I have to start the whole process over.

2) Good Smells – Daddy used to take me to agility class when I was a puppy. That was fun, but he stopped taking me because I guess the instructor used to get very frustrated with me. At times I was the best in the class and would zoom through the course no problem. However, more often, something smelled very good on the course and I had to go sniff it. I don’t see what the problem was – good sniffs are hard to come by. But the instructor and Daddy tried everything to get me back on the course. But nothing is better than a good sniff!

3) People I like – Daddy and I have several friends that come visit us often. Most of these people love me as much as I love them. I never know when to expect them, though, and they seem to just randomly show up sometimes. So sometimes if we’re walking along and I see someone who might look like one of these friends, I don’t want to walk any further until I know for sure it’s not them. Also, if a car stops close to us, I always feel we should look inside the car to see if it is one of these friends. Daddy does not agree with this unfortunately. He doesn’t know how many times we may have missed out on getting tummy rubs and rump scratches from the friends that might be in those cars!

Anyway, there are a lot of other things that distract me – like bones, for example. But I think this should assure everyone that if I disappear for a week here and there that I’m just temporarily distracted and not lost again!

I have good news! Two of our Rocky stars have been helped – Mugsey the Bulldog has been found and is home after 35 days, just about the same time I was gone! And also Acura has found a foster and is out of the high kill shelter so he has a second chance at life. I want to wish upon two more Rocky stars that need fosters this week, Amber (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13239509) and Murphy (http://search.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=11895494). Please look at these two pals of mine and see if you or anyone you know would like to help them.

Off to find a good sniff!
Rocky the Munn (rockydab@yahoo.com)

12 comments:

  1. So Rocky, you're saying that your dad talks on the phone while he's walking you? See now I have a policy against doing that. I once read a book written by a dog, and he described how he didn't like his mom's boyfriend, one reason being because he talked on the phone the whole time during walks, which his mom didn't do. So, I just don't do it. But hey that's just me.

    Amber is goigeous! And Murphy looks like he could fly, with those ears!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rocky, glad to hear you continue to do well. I'm sure you do get distracted. Your description of the stars needing to align - LOL funny. Probably not LOL funny for your dad.
    I hope you find some good things to sniff over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rocky, YOu do such good work for your buddies.

    Could you tell your friends to be on a look out for Ranger? Poor guy was just adopted but his new mom left the gate open and there he went missing. He has been spotted in Del Rey Area, in VA and Fort Scott Park.. check this: http://www.findranger.blogspot.com/

    Amber is so small! ONly 20 lbs? I am sure there are plenty of families out there who could open up their doors to such adorable best friends like handsome Murphy and cutsie Amber. I will pray for that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rocky, don't be alarmed by loud noises this weekend - it might just be the Easter Bunny bringing you a basket of cheese.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Rocky the Munn...Where have you been??? Miss your updates....Did you get cheese for Easter?
    Your pals,
    Gunny & Boogie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rocky,
    We all miss you and hope you are doing well!
    please give us a quick update when you have time.
    Also, for those in the Chantilly, VA area - Beaglefest is April 25th, noon to 4pm. Go to http://www.brewbeagles.org/site/ for details.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How are you doing? Miss your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm having Rocky withdrawls.
    Where are you???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come on now Rocky, your public awaits an update, you must be really busy !!! We miss you !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rocky, are you out there??? We would love to know what you have been up to lately.
    Even just a quick note, pleeeeeeeese (you know that sounds a lot like cheese :))
    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. rocky - your breed is good at surviving - did you see this story:

    "When Jan Griffith's beloved dog, Sophie Tucker fell overboard from her family's yacht she feared her pet had drowned.

    But Sophie Tucker, a grey and black cattle dog, wasn't going to give up that easily.
    The determined pet swam six miles through ferocious shark-infested seas to an island, where she survived for more than four months by hunting wild goats for food."

    http://preview.tinyurl.com/c8rux4

    ReplyDelete